Monday, June 25, 2012

Grown-up Life

What I thought I'd look like as an attorney.

I've decided that being a grown-up can sometimes be fun. Sure, there's all of the bills, paying rent, and buying things like health insurance, but it turns out there are a lot of fun things too. Sam and I are enjoying married life. It's been almost a year since our wedding, but we seem to like each other even more than we did then.

One part of this new grown-up life is having real full time jobs. I've been in school so long I got use to a certain lifestyle. Sam started working as an attorney for a social security disability firm. She works long hours, but enjoys the close contact she gets with her clients. She hears some heartbreaking life stories but she has a chance to help people. I, on the other hand, am a financial compliance attorney for Wolters Kluwer Finacial. I'm working on a research project for the company. It's only a contract position so I'll be looking for work again in September. However, we are making enough money to meet all of our expenses and even put some away in savings.
What I really look like as an attorney. 

My family is coming to visit this summer. We're both looking forward to that. We're also thinking about going on a road trip for a few days for our anniversary. Sometimes it's nice to be a grown-up.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sometimes it is nice to be a grown-up and then sometimes your children wipe their snot on your furniture, rub their "na nas" (bananas) into your carpet, and look at pictures of you when you were younger and exclaim, "Oh wow! You used to be so pretty before you got old!" This is fun. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely thought "na nas" was slang for something else.

    ReplyDelete