Sunday, March 13, 2011

Job hunt, wedding plans, and a law school diploma.

I have two big things in my life right now. Searching for a job and planning a wedding. The wedding plans are going well. Sam and I have put together an invitation list, called the temple, found a dress and suit, and have even picked the place for out honeymoon. We are both getting a lot of help from family and friends, and the process hasn't been too stressful. Sam's dress is beautiful. My mom and sister were a little shocked that I saw a picture of the dress, but Sam and I aren't very traditional. I decided to wear a suit instead of renting a tux, so Sam and I went shopping on Friday. We tried three different places and found a good suit at Macy's. Sam's dress and my suit together cost less than $600.

The job hunt is not going well. I've had six interviews in the last two months and haven't been able to get a job. I get rejections letters almost daily. I just received one that hurt a little. It was an entry level position as a publishing assistant. They told me I didn't have enough experience, but I guess I thought an entry level job didn't require much experience. It was sad because I think I would have enjoyed the job. I'll have to keep looking, but I am getting frustrated. I had hoped that a law degree would help me get a job, but nobody seems interested in it. They all want someone with experience, and I can't figure out how I'll ever get any without someone taking the chance and giving me a job.

On a happy note, my diploma arrived this week. It is a pretty piece of paper. It's comforting to know that I did, indeed, graduate from law school. Now I have proof.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog. I'm gonna add you to my blog roll. It took me a year to find my teaching job....things will get rolling eventually.

    Cheers,
    C

    ReplyDelete